Firstly I’d like to say thank you to AKA Daddy and Mumzilla who BOTH nominated me for a Liebster Award (how popular do I feel?!) I’d also like to thank all my followers, my Twitter fans, the Pope, my Mum, my cat, and my next door neighbour’s sister’s hairdresser’s cousin.
The Liebster Award is intended to welcome and promote great new blogs to the happy blogging community. It’s a classic Q&A, you answer your nominator’s questions, then you pose your own to the other newbies you nominate (and you copy the badge, because bloggers LOVE a badge. Especially one that says ‘Award’ on it)
So, here’s the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Answer the ten questions you’ve been asked.
- Nominate 5 new bloggers that you want to share with the world.
- Then create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating.
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated.
OK. Here are my answers to AKA Daddy’s questions…
1. Why did you start blogging?
I ask myself this question quite frequently. I actually have no idea! Narcissism, probably. (I also love making people laugh, and this blog seems to do the trick).
2. What’s your favourite sandwich?
Oh my goodness. The best sandwich ever is one I used to get when I worked in London. There’s an Italian deli called Dino’s in Charlotte Place, near Goodge Street Station. They did awesome sandwiches, but the one I used to love most was a breaded chicken escalope with tomatoes and mozzarella in foccacia, toasted. I am salivating at the very thought…
3. What is your favourite movie?
The Shawshank Redemption. Or Love Actually. Oh, no, Amelie! Or Skyfall, I loved that. Can’t beat Toy Story (first one), or most of the Pixar films in fact. Oh I don’t bloody know, ask me another one…
4. Would you rather live at home or abroad?
Home. I love travelling but you can’t beat England for a proper cup of tea and driving on the proper side of the road.
5. What is your favourite colour?
Purple. (Like a mad old lady)
6. Favourite city to visit?
London or New York City.
7. How many Tattoos if any do you have?
Don’t have any. There’s nothing I’ve ever thought of that I’d like enough to want on me forever. (Should I want my kids’ names?!)
8. Favourite childhood sweets?
Ooh, tricky one. I LOVE sweets! Rhubarb and custards are probably my favourites if we’re going old school. I used to love Wham bars too, they’re probably responsible for most of my fillings.
9. Instagram or Twitter?
Twitter – I’m not at all au fait with Instagram, it confuses me.
10. If you were a wrestler/boxer what would be your entrance music?
Evil Woman by ELO…I love ELO! 🙂
11. Fish or chips?
Fish OR chips? Why on earth would you choose between them? I guess I’ll choose chips, because it would be weird to walk into a fish & chip shop and just order a lump of fish.
And now for Mumzilla’s questions…
1. What would you call your alter-ego?
Interesting question…technically Beta Mummy is an alter ego. So Beta Mummy’s alter ego is…I dunno…Beta Von Teese? 😉
2. What magical power do you wish you had?
3. What is the best cheese?
Ohhhhhh cheese. I love cheese, how can I choose just one? Ok…I’m gonna go for…a nice crunchy Westcountry Cheddar.
4. Who would you most like to snog?
At this moment in time, that delicious man who played the Night Manager – Tom something-or-other (I’m crap at celebrities).
5. What is your favourite item of clothing and why?
I’m not really into clothes, but I have an red leather jacket that I bought from a vintage clothes store (i.e. expensive charity shop without the charity) a few years ago. It’s awesome, I get loads of comments about it.
6. Name your top three bloggers
Oh come on, this is not a fair question! Nope, I refuse to answer. There are too many great bloggers, and no doubt there are loads that are equally great that I haven’t even seen yet. Sorry to be boring 😉
7. What needs inventing asap?
A contraption that would carry me from the sofa where I’ve stayed up too late pissing about on my laptop, take me upstairs, brush my teeth for me, get me changed into my PJs and tuck me up in bed. Actually on second thoughts that sounds a bit creepy…
8. Who do you pretend to hate but secretly love?
Alpha Mummy. Unfortunately she’s just so bloody NICE. Grrrr.
9. What’s that smell?
Which one? Is it shit? It’s probably shit. The smell is still lingering from where Feral Child #2 decided to “bump” down the stairs the other morning having filled his overnight nappy…
10. What’s the stupidest bit of ‘essential’ baby kit you bought?
Hmmm. Possibly Sophie the Giraffe? Cute but did fuck all to help with teething. Or the baby cage (play pen). Took up the whole lounge but the only person that would stay in it was me with a cup of tea and a snickers bar, desperately trying to escape the grasping clutches of the children…
- Turning Up In Devon (@turningupindev1)
- Teaching Tiny Minds (@teachtinyminds)
- Mum-Work-Repeat (@mumworkrepeat)
- A Reluctant Mummy (@areluctantmummy)
- Busy Irish Mammy (@busyirishmammy)
- Name your favourite band/artist?
- On a scone, do you add jam first, or cream?
- If money (and practicality) was no object, which car would you drive?
- What’s your favourite place in the UK?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- What are you wearing right now?
- What was your first ever job?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- What is your best character trait?
- And what is your worst?