It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when an “evening off” consists of going to the supermarket ALONE, and worse still, rather enjoying it…
I hate taking my two boys to the supermarket. I avoid it whenever possible as it is inevitably a nightmare (see below, and I’ll give you a clue, I’m not referring to the first picture!)
A trip to the supermarket with the kids always displays the following features:
- Admirable resistance by Feral Child #2 against sitting in the trolley, complete with planking.
- Touching of EVERYTHING by Feral Child #1.
- Whinging for a Kinder Egg before we’ve even gotten to the end of Aisle 1
- Insistence by Feral Child #2 of putting everything into the trolley, resulting in cracked eggs, bruised apples, and dented milk bottles.
- A total spend far exceeding expectation, followed by the realisation back at home that you forgot most of what you actually went for.